There are two main techniques for applying edge buildups to solid surface
Stacked Edge Buildup
Multiple buildup strips are cut and stacked.
- Buildup height limited to 1/2" increments
- Fully hides wood substrate (not visible from underneath)
- Marginally stronger given the extra material
- Can accommodate any edge profile
Stacked Edge Buildup Instructions
Drop Edge Buildup
A single buildup strip is cut and turned on end.
- Allows infinite buildup height options
- Easiest fabrication method
- Uses least amount of material (better yield)
- Can't fit some very large decorative edge profiles